There have been several pastoral changes in the Diocese of Rochester that we’re currently looking into, but here is what we know right now:
- Fr. Adam Ogorzaly placed on leave of absence from Pastor of Mother of Sorrows in Greece. Unknown who will administer the parish at this moment.
- Fr. Frederick Helfrich relieved of duties as Pastor at Holy Spirit in Penfield. He will remain on staff to provide sacramental assistance.
- Fr. James Schwartz named Parochial Administrator of Holy Spirit in Penfield concurrent with duties as Pastor of St. Joseph in Penfield. He will remain in the position for six months to get the parish’s finances in order.
- Fr. Lee Chase from leave of absence to Parochial Vicar at St. Lawrence in Greece. I have no idea what this is about. Fr. Chase made some nasty comments about the Pope, conservatives, and those who attend the Extraordinary Form in his former blog. More on this in a later post.
- Fr. Vic Bartolotta from assignment in Dallas at Bp. Lynch High School and St. Thomas Aquinas parish to assisting priest/part-time parochial vicar at St. Lawrence in Greece. Fr. Bartolotta is teaching religion at Bishop Kearney high school. [addendum:] Well that was short-lived! Fr. Bartolotta has left St. Lawrence and Rochester. As of January 6th, he is no longer listed in the parish bulletin.
Feel free to comment.
If you have any information about further pastoral appointments, or have additional details about those listed above, please contact us at: email@example.com